Happy New Year. We’re about to plunge headlong into another year of snooker. There are six events in January alone.
Before all that, though, here’s ten snooker predictions for 2013. Please be advised no money will be returned for any wagering.
1) Mark Allen will win the Masters
2) The 100th official maximum break will be made
3) Ronnie O’Sullivan will not play in the World Championship but will play next season
4) Judd Trump will win the World Championship
5) The Crucible deal will be extended
6) ITV4 will broadcast a ranking event
7) Michael White will reach at least the semi-finals of a ranking tournament
8) Mark Williams will not tweet anything about the Crucible before the World Championship
9) The UK PTCs will be scaled down or scrapped altogether
10) I will make no mention of any of these predictions come December