12.1.07

O'SULLIVAN 'WILL PLAY AT WEMBLEY'

Ronnie O'Sullivan's management team, 110sport, have issued a statement confirming that he will play in the Saga Insurance Masters at Wembley Arena.

In it, he is quoted as saying: “I can’t reverse (what happened in) York and what is done is done. Everything I did there felt right at the time. Unfortunately it caused grief for all concerned.

“But some - including former players -have had their say in the media and gone overboard which is a real disappointment to me. To be honest, it even made me question whether I want to be part of it.

“It also made me wonder whether they have got a problem with what happened, or whether they’ve just got a problem with me in general.

“But I am not going to go around brown-nosing and sucking up to certain individuals because they think differently from me and the majority of other people who might understand my situation.

“In York I had personal problems which upset me and my frame of mind. I have discussed those with Lee Doyle (his manager) and Sir Rodney Walker (Chairman of World Snooker) and no-one else – and I don’t intend saying anything else on the matter to anyone.

“What I will say is that if I ever feel the same way again, or I am ever in that position again, I would pull out of the match or the tournament in advance rather than be scrutinised the way I have been.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,

O'Sullivan put out a press statement after his UK Championship exit. It seemed a very calm explanation of what had happened and what his feelings were on said incident.

Now, when I saw this press release it seems a lot more argumentative, with other players and the media.

Can you understand what 'hidden agenda' he is talking about, when mentioning 'brown nosing' et al?

I know players/media have been upset about how O'Sullivan seems to have been treated by Walker and the WSA, but yet again, O'Sullivan is not helping himself, is he, with these comments.

Thanks, Joe