5.11.08

TIME FOR THE SHOTGUN TO FIRE?

In my latest column for Betfair I am tipping Jamie Cope is the outsider to follow at the Bahrain Championship.

I would like to apologise to Jamie for scuppering his chances in this way (although my previous tips Ricky Walden and John Higgins did win).

It seems to me that Cope has what it takes to win a title. His game is a little bit too focused on all out attack but this can be very effective.

I'd certainly like to see him in the top 16 because he's good to watch and plays the game in an attractive way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The main story on worldsnooker.com still says Ronnie is playing

Can you confirm this?

Anonymous said...

Just didn't update the text ...
look http://www.worldsnooker.com/bahrain_championship_news(2).htm?tid=135

Dave H said...

The story was written before Ronnie pulled out

Anonymous said...

I think that the winner will come from this half of the draw with Cope and Fu my tips.I do think that the winner of Hendry v Walden has a real chance though.

Anonymous said...

This could be the time for Joe Perry or Ali Carter to notch up their first ranking win. I hope Jamie Cope wins though because his style of play is very exciting to watch and he is immensly talented.

Anonymous said...

What a shame!
Jamie Cope has just his opening-round match 5-3 to Michael Holt.
Bang goes that prediction Dave.