10.9.09

DAY FOUR PREVIEW

Derren Brown last night successfully predicted the UK national lottery results.

Therefore, me calling the last 16 of the Shanghai Masters is the smallest of beer...but here goes.

Ronnie O'Sullivan was not pressured by Graeme Dott yesterday but seems in good fettle and I think he will be too strong for Marco Fu.

Stephen Hendry will feel he should be out by now and will therefore be relaxed ahead of his match with Ricky Walden, which I feel the seven times world champion will come through.

Ken Doherty is producing some encouraging snooker this season, having fallen to 44th in the world rankings, and may have too much for Barry Hawkins.

Mark Williams, broken right wrist and all, did superbly well to get past Joe Swail but John Higgins may have too much for the former world no.1.

Shaun Murphy wasn't at his consistent best against Michael Holt but should be backed against Jamie Cope.

Ali Carter v Liang Wenbo is hard to call but I'd go for the Englishman.

Matthew Stevens impressed yesterday when he beat Mark Allen and now faces his fellow Welshman Ryan Day. This is hard to call but I'd just about go with Day.

Ding Junhui looked sharp against Stephen Lee and will be favourite to power past Stuart Bingham.

6 comments:

Eric said...

Okay, here we go: ;-)

- O'Sullivan bt Fu
- Walden bt Hendry
- Doherty bt Hawkins
- Williams bt Higgins
- Murphy bt Cope
- Wenbo bt Carter
- Day bt Stevens
- Ding bt Bingham

Meredith(MaccaMeri) said...

Haven't checked the lastest thursday results yet, but just like the lottery, it seems like anyones number could be up. With Allen, Selby, Maguire, and Robertson gone who thought Doherty would still be around?

btw. I'm convinced Derren Brown did a camera trick or something similar...

Dave H said...

Well I'm four out of four so far

Maybe I should do the lottery

Meredith(MaccaMeri) said...

yes, good predictions. I rooted for Walden ahead of Hendry, but I thought Carter would still be around. The O'Sullivan v. Fu match could have gone either way it felt in that 7th frame, but happy over the result. The camera cutting out several times for this match was bearable up to the point with O'Sullivan going for the yellow(respectfully, your(Dave H's) commentary did help, but I think I might have gone a bit barmy for 5 sections with the eurosport feed showing the audience and not the action).

jamie brannon said...

Brown should have told the WPBSA the numbers, they could have used the jackpot to boost the total prize fund

Eric said...

Hm, 7 out of 8... I can live with that... ;-)